THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN SPONSORED BY NINJA KITCHEN AS PART OF OUR MONTHLY COLLABORATION.
This recipe has been inspired by my Portuguese roots, growing up in Portugal I was used to eating a lot of freshly prepared meals that would often involve a lot of freshly prepared roasted vegetables. Roasting the vegetables will allow the flavour of the sauce to be richer. This Mediterranean-inspired recipe is simple, quick and delicious.
Why not prepare double the recipe and have lunch for work for a few days of the week?
- 600g fresh tomatoes (approximately 6 medium size)
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 6 large basil leaves
- 60ml rice milk
- 400g rigatoni
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 200c.
2. Wash and slice the tomatoes in half, peel the onion and quarter it and peel the garlic cloves.
3. Place the above in a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Place in the oven and roast for approximately 30-35 minutes.
5. Boil the pasta according to its cooking time (time the pasta accordingly to the last minutes of the roasted vegetables, approximately 10-12 minutes).
6. Now that the vegetables have finished roasting, allow them to cool, then place them into the Ninja Kitchen System along with the basil leaves and rice milk, and pulse until the sauce is thick and creamy (adjust seasoning if needed)
7. Drain the water from the pasta, place the pasta back in the pan and pour the sauce over and stir to combine and warm through.
8. Serve with basil leaves for extra flavour.